Here is something local for you to check out South Taranaki District Council Libraries (Hawera, Opunake, Kaponga, Manaia, Patea. Waverley and Eltham Libraries) have summer reading programmes for 5-12 years and 12+. Check out the link to get more information:
Encouraging a love of books and reading is one of the most important things you can do to help develop your child’s literacy skills. You can help with this by enrolling your child in the South Taranaki District Libraries Summer Reading Programme for younger children and iRead Programme for Tweens. Participants, should be aged between 5-12 years old to register – they do not need to be reading by themselves to participate in the programme.
Children enrolled in the six week summer reading programme:
· receive a colourful folder to record the library books they have read
· come into the library to share their library books with a staff member (report-in)
· receive a small gift at each report-in
· may attend activities and storytellers throughout the programme
· complete the programme by reporting-in 3+ times
· can attend a finale celebration where they will receive a certificate
All of this is offered free of charge!
Registrations open at your local LibraryPlus on Monday 8 December.
Let's get reading!